Labels

Friday, May 24, 2013

Elizabeth Harborne - Reproduction by The Scarlet Letter

Progress - Day 6

After my post on the "critters" on Nicola's blog I received a nice comment from Marsha , owner of Scarlet Letter that the critters were 'wild boars'.  So, now I have to figure out if there is any symbolism linked to that.
Stitching the next band will be on hold because the charted design and the picture show discrepancies and I plan to continue after hopefully getting some clarifications from Marsha.
So I will be skipping past this band and continuing.
I had planned to post the latest progress yesterday but then didn't get around to it so here it is...

Day 6 Progress
The Song of my Needle
still can't resist the urge to center things along the width - the half motif on the left is not charted and I may take it out after stitching more bands and then evaluating it afterwards. 
I am glad that I changed out the blue ... you can see the original dyelot of the light blue on the first band... I will restitch that band also - just want to continue stitching for now...
Stitching and 'researching how to blog' have been a bit slow these past few days... still not feeling 100% and plan to rest as much as possible this weekend so that I can get back to a normal routine by next week.

No comments: