Labels

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Elizabeth Harborne - Day 19

Didn't get much done on this band last night - there are some issues regarding stitch direction etc, that are not really labelled clearly in the instructions and not viewable on the photograph provided.  The central small five  petalled flower (between the acorn and the main stem) is supposed to be only outlined in double running stitch in ecru with bullion knots in the center.  When I stitched it that way it was hardly visible... so this is one interpretation below....not sure if I fully like it ... we'll see.
Elizabeth Harborne - Day 19
The Song of my Needle

Elizabeth Harborne - Day 19
The Song of my Needle


By the way, for those of you who may be wondering - I didn't win the giveaway for the sewing box... I was quite disappointed since I had 'blogged and posted' almost every day which in theory should have increased my chances ... c'est la vie.
Interestingly, I blogged daily not for that reason though but more because there were people who contacted me to tell me that they looked forward to seeing my daily progress....it was good to know that there was something  I could do even when I was feeling lousy that brought a bit of pleasure to someone's life.  It was also good to focus on something productive and get back to stitching samplers again - there is something very appealing to them.

1 comment:

Nicola said...

I am so sorry you didn't win Nupur, you certainly deserved to. The draws are first out of the hat and every post gains an entry so in theory you certainly had the highest chance of winning.

Maybe you will be lucky with the next prize, it is worth approx. $100 and there is a second prize too.