Labels

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Margret Gatis 1711 - Day 3

I have not had much time to stitch since my last post - a few minutes here and there at most so here is the progress on Margret Gatis to date :
Margret Gatis 
The Song of my Needle

Margret Gatis 
The Song of my Needle


It is interesting to work on both Ann Scutt and Margret Gatis at the same time and actually have them framed up side by side.  My initial impressions so far are that Ann Scutt is a much more logical, symmetrical, easier to work from memory type of a sampler.  Once the pattern is figured out I found that I progressed through setting up the bands fairly quickly. Margret Gatis on the other hand appears to be symmetrical but it is not - some of areas within each band are different and to stich it reversibly is a bit more challenging.  It is not difficult but has a different rhythm.
Setting up both of them and starting them both over the holidays has been fun and energizing.

I have also firmed up my plans for this upcoming year and am looking forward to 2014.

Wishing you all the very Best in 2014 - may you enjoy every stitch and technique!

No comments: