Labels

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Margret Gatis - Day 5

I had originally planned on working on one of my Japanese embroidery projects by today and this weekend but I needed to leave this sampler in way that I would be able to pick it up at a later date and continue without too much hassle. I am glad that I continued with this sampler today - figured out the 'issues' during the course of the day... and started to appreciate some of the asymmetry in design and stitch patterns as well as the interesting color combinations. 
So, here is today's progress - a good way to spend a 'Snow Day'
Margret Gatis - Day5
The Song of my Needle

Margret Gatis - Day5 - Color combinations
The Song of my Needle

Margret Gatis - Day5 - Pattern change -Blue area - right side
The Song of my Needle

Margret Gatis - Day5 - Pattern change -Blue area - left side
The Song of my Needle


Margret Gatis - Day5 - Some progress...
The Song of my Needle

1 comment:

Heritage Hall said...

Bless your heart...you have the patience of Job....Seems as though you are well
on your way on the Margaret. I don't know if I would ever "trust" such instructions
again...although the pattern is just beautiful and you are doing a wonderful job.
You are better than you think!!!!
Godspeed
Mary