Friday, February 7, 2014

Ann Scutt - Day 10 & 11

I have spent a few hours each day stitching away on Ann Scutt.  It is interesting to note that some of the bands look deceptively simple and easy to stitch when in fact they require pretty intensive stitching -  they are not difficult but just require more time than initially apparent.  The two bands completed in the past two days are perfect examples of this... I did change some of the stitches - added fly stitch, Montenegrin, and changed the direction / pattern of some of the filled areas.  The filling stitches were all the same but I wanted to try and see if I could add interest by changing the texture, light reflection and pattern.  I had not initially planned on changing anything on this sampler and stitch as a "true" reproduction"  but then I needed to add/challenge myself a bit just to break up the monotony of stitching the same thing over and over.
So here is the progress for Day 10 and 11 :

Ann Scutt - Day 10
The Song of my Needle

Ann Scutt - Day 10
The Song of my Needle

Ann Scutt - Day 11
The Song of my Needle

Ann Scutt - Day 11
The Song of my Needle


1 comment:

llknbillburg said...

A very beautiful piece and from the finish I saw recently, a very large one! Keep up the good work! laura