Labels

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Continuing on - Margret Gatis Day 9 & 10

Somehow lately I find it is easier to pick up a sampler in the evening so I am continuing on with Margret Gatis despite other projects I was originally planning on working on this week. 

Here are some pictures of my progress from last Sunday and last night.  I decided to continue mapping out the entire sampler and work out the satin stitch areas first.

Margret Gatis - Day 9
The Song of my Needle

Margret Gatis - Day 9
The Song of my Needle


Margret Gatis - Day 9
The Song of my Needle


Margret Gatis - Day 9
The Song of my Needle
 Progress last night - the last band of the sampler
Margret Gatis - Day 10
The Song of my Needle

Margret Gatis - Day 10
The Song of my Needle

Margret Gatis - Day 10
The Song of my Needle

There were some issues with the charted area of the whitework bands and the actual space it was to fit into so I had to add to bands.  I also decided to add pulled thread techniques (four-sided stitch) instead of the satin stitches charted and added Smyrna crosses to another area.  I am still thinking about one of the areas in this last band of the sampler.

No comments: