Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Day 15 : Completed Margret Gatis - final band

Completed Margret Gatis on Monday night - St. Patrick's Day.
Just a quick post of the way I completed this band which was is just charted for satin stitches and buttonhole eyelets.  I somehow always felt the urge to add more stitches to give the band some texture and had skipped over it in the beginning so that I could think about it a bit.  As the sampler developed I really felt that this band could easily lend itself to more texture.  Below are some pictures of my interpretation - I added fly stitches, fishbone stitches and a variety of eyelet stitches and also played with the directions/length of satin stitches to add effects by the play of light on the silk threads as well as color placement.  All satin stitches would have been just fine as charted in the original but this gave me more 'interesting' stitching time.   So here are some pictures of my interpretation of this band which completes this sampler at this point.
I will take some time over the weekend and post the full picture but thought that this may interest some of you in the meantime.
Margret Gatis - Day 15
Fishbone stitches, working on balancing the colors

Margret Gatis - Day 15
Completed band

Margret Gatis - Day 15
RIght side - closeup

Margret Gatis - Day 15
Left side closeup

Margret Gatis  - Day 15
Central area closeup

Margret Gatis - Day 15
Completed band / completed sampler

2 comments:

Paola said...

Your interpretation is lovely!
Paola

Pilar said...

Congratulations. It is always a pleasure to follow your stitch progress and celebrate the gorgeous accomplishment.