So I have made progress - slow but steady... have placed all the bands, finished stitching the top most band,still have to finish all the cut-work, withdrawn the threads and set up the initial grids for the needle-weaving bands.
Here are some of the pictures of my progress...
|Established bands and then started withdrawing threads and stabilizing the area|
|Stabilized bottom band - ready for needle-weaving|
|Top band in this area - still have to finish the cut-work and center area|
- lots of fiddly, careful cutting required which is a bit of a challenge with the shoulder issue
|All the bands established and the way the sampler is right now...|
Most interesting to note how a frozen shoulder affects your stitching tension...
usually I do not have to pay much attention to this anymore - it was almost second nature to pull the threads evenly each time irrelevant of technique or thread type. These days I had to pay constant attention to this and sometimes without warning my shoulder would 'take over' and things got pulled too hard... the result was breaking some of the linen fabric threads (40ct. so quite thin) ... so I got more 'experience' in repairing those areas ... more physical therapy never hurts.
It feels good to be able to do 'something' even if it means working through the pain...
This is a beautiful sampler of interesting bands and I am glad I rescued it from the UFO drawer.