Saturday, October 31, 2015

Frances Cheyney (1664) - moving along

Seems like this sampler generated a lot of interest.  So far I have established all the parameters and started stitching some of the bands.  Here is the final band that is composed of predominantly satin stitches and detached buttonhole.  The smaller three pronged detached buttonhole areas would lend themselves well to bullion stitches or combination of detached buttonhole on the side arms and bullion in the middle but I have decided not to change too much on this sampler. 
My plan from now on is devote approximately 20 hours to 'other needlework' per month... so I will post periodically as I finish bands.
So here is a picture of the band I just completed.







2 comments:

Maxine D said...

Napur this is absolutely stunning - love the white on the ecru linen, and I can see this will be a wonderful sampler when you have finished it, and no doubt, full of challenges enroute :-).
Blessing
Maxine

Maria del Valle said...

WOW! wonderful sampler!!!

I will follow you !!
I have the pattern, from a long time but.... it is sleeping in my stash!!
HUgs :))