- Ann Scutt 1675 - The Scarlet Letter (13)
- Autumn Frolic by TristanBrooks (7)
- Elizabeth Harborne 1647 - The Scarlet Letter (30)
- Fleur-de-Lys Band sampler - The Samplar Workes (10)
- Frances Cheyney(1664) - The Essamplaire (8)
- Fun little projects/Seasonal (11)
- Japanese Bead Embroidery (1)
- Japanese embroidery (3)
- Little Quail - Lynn Payette (2)
- Margret Gatis 1711 - The Scarlet Letter (17)
- Monograms (1)
- my designs and adaptations (1)
- RSN practice projects (1)
- Schwalm (3)
- SH 1683 - The Essamplaire (11)
- Thoughts on embroidery (15)
- Tree of Life - Lynn Payette (2)
Saturday, January 14, 2017
Weekend theme : Snow and Whitework
The weekend theme in a needlework group on Facebook is : Whitework & Snow
... I have taken many photographs of snowy landscapes and have done many Whitework techniques - pictures of which are just not readily available right now - so just one picture of a recent snow storm ❄️ ⛈ and some of the pictures taken from my blog should suffice for now. I love Whitework techniques and am always intrigued by how within each variation there is much to explored and learned.
One of these days I have to photograph my Mountmellick, Hardanger, Reticella , Drawn thread and Schwalm pieces.
So here is just a sampling of pictures from recent work I have shared here on my blog in greater detail over the years. Hopefully they will whet your appetite to this amazing group of needlework which looks so intricate but actually is not that hard and a lot of fun to do ...
I do hope you give it a try. Start small and on larger count of linen but do try!