Labels

Sunday, February 24, 2019

This Sunday’s musings ...

Just a quick post to update you ... thank you all for your questions and kind comments.

For those of you wanting to purchase The Examplarery’ s Frances Burwell sampler,
There are a few options : - you can have your Local Needlework Shop ( LNS ) order it from Joanne Harvey; you can order it via an online LNS, or you can order it directly from her ( although I think she prefers one goes through shops and does not have a website ).  You can order it , like I did, from Colonial Williamsburg (- search online for : shopcolonialwilliamsburg and then type in the name of the sampler ‘Frances Burwell’ ).

And here is a quick photo journey through some of things I am keeping busy with this weekend :
Thinking about technique and colors and preparing my next Japanese Embroidery project , 
God willing 

Facebook ‘reminded’ me earlier this past week that it has been three years since I finished stitching  Frances Cheyney ....  it now lingers safely in my one of my ‘finished embroidery cabinet drawers... one day I will make the time to finally get all the projects in the cabinets framed and on some wall in the home or office ... some day !

Just now, I am just grateful I can continue to enjoy my passion of just the process of stitching .... grateful that despite time and quirky health challenges these past years, I have been able to start and finish quite a few projects in various techniques... I realize I did not ‘blog’ or ‘broadcast’ all my embroidery. 
Just some progress photos on Frances Burwell and thanks to a snow day...
Now am on the last band and ‘almost done’ with this sampler which has pleasantly surprised me with the use of color, simple stitches and textures , and simple cotton threads (DMC in the kit )






Make each day count - 
Time flies and waits for no one ....
I have learned to appreciate and make the most of every day!
Grateful that I am blessed with a profession I truly enjoy, and that I continue to be  interested in 
ALL my old hobbies and also for the new ones I am discovering.

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

I always enjoy your updates Nupur - and I am so glad you can continue with your love of embroidery
Blessings
Maxine

Debby said...

Your work is always so beautiful. You should go to the "storage" spots and frame one or two pieces once in a while. They are too lovely to wait to be FFO'd!!!