Labels

Friday, September 13, 2019

This evening’s study

Many of you have emailed or messaged me to find out if things were okay ...
I have been weaning myself off of Facebook and trying to not ‘waste time’ finding and posting fun stuff on social media but using my time instead to focus back on my own work.

This has been a summer full of ‘events’ ... mostly good and exciting events - I got to see some places that I had only dreamed about and imagined from books I have read ... only 
to see that my imagination fell short of the grandeur and magnificence of the actual places.  

Anyway, just finished all the samplers I had earmarked this summer for ‘tennis watching/
travel’ projects ....  a bit after the USOpen tennis 🎾 BUT the games this year were amazing and made it impossible to stitch even easy cross stitch samplers!

So, this evening found me looking in my stash for something to replace that category of projects ...
Came upon some of my Rhode Island Balch samplers in the ‘1-2 year start/ travel projects’ files.  This lead to my trying to remember all the ones that have been reproduced and their chronological order.... couldn’t remember or put my hand on the book where I had read things when I was studying the Balch school etc ....
Went online and found a nice article which may be of interest to some of you :

https://www.rihs.org/connect/online-exhibits/samplers/


Anyway, I know I have neglected to post for a while - will do so shortly... fun and easy stitching this summer ... 

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful to see you here again Nupur - that teaser of the sampler looks fascinating :)
Blessings
Maxine

Unknown said...

This particular piece may be simple (although it wouldn't be, for me)if not tennis-watching-worthy; but it's lovely work and so good and inspiring to see. Thanks as always Nupur for the beautiful things you post. How I understand this, and am keeping you company: "I have been weaning myself off of Facebook and trying to not ‘waste time’ finding and posting fun stuff on social media but using my time instead to focus back on my own work." With admiration and affectionate greetings (and good luck to us both!), Ellen.

MyWorldinStitches said...

I always look forward to your posts, Nupur. That little snippet looks wonderful so far! Nancy Wright