Labels

Monday, June 18, 2018

A Summer Travel project


Materials gathered and packed for ‘travel’ ... well, had a busy time with lots of travel since and I managed to start the project in between meetings at home and take it along BUT no stitching was done at all ! It is okay though... my plan to have this as a side project is still in place - one day a month and during 🎾 tennis 🎾 
thesongofmyneedle.blogspot.com
thesongofmyneedle.blogspot.com
Chart and AVAS silks and 40ct Zweigart Summer Khaki

I will post updates on this shortly.  It is a larger sampler in simple cross stitch - kind of nice to have a simple project to fall back on during busy times.  I have plenty of simpler projects in my stash but got caught up in the excitement generated on Facebook;  it didn't help that I saw the chart before it had officially been released at a needlework store - it was still being price tagged etc.  but the design reminded me of how much fun I had had working on Dutch Beauty last year.  The stag is an age old motif and I have always enjoyed stitching it on other reproduction samplers, my own sampler designs and crewel work pieces...

Summer is upon us - the wild roses perfuming the air,  great tennis on TV, and the birds, frogs and crickets herald the progression of the seasons.... hope you are all enjoying each day and getting a bit of stitching in too!








1 comment:

Kristy in Maryland said...

It's so nice to hear from you! I enjoy your posts and your projects. I'm waiting on the AVAS for Eliza Bell Cox--aren't the HATS Samplers wonderful? I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!