Labels

Sunday, March 15, 2020

A change of pace - Ann Dale ‘on a short hold’

Taking a break from Ann Dale was finally my only solution ...
I have to think through color choices and have already spent the past months letting a simple cross stitch project deter me from my original plans for this year.  Finding out that this once so out of print and hard to find chart and kit is now readily available is not helping my attitude towards this project.
Making me question why I looked for years, bought a chart and then found the original kit with a chart and paid quite a bit for it ... this, only, so I could explore ‘primitive stitching & samplers’ and see how another designer approaches their work!
I am planning on taking a week to ten days away from it but have to continue with it - otherwise I know it will end up being a UFO (Unfinished Object) forever I fear.... and that would be a total waste of energy and time and money.
The recent out of print / limited editions and then back in print ‘simple samplers’ have made me very wary of the way social media is being used to drive sales and market things.

Anyway, I decided to get some of the recent social media driven ‘on a whim’ simple/travel  project category’ purchases out of my system.  So, I tried to work a simple sampler and attempted to work it in hand once more -  that lasted about 15 minutes !  Then tried sticking to a hoop - about 2 hours of unproductive results  late on Friday night and finally set up things on a frame and then started, changed colors, added stitches to keep my interest and finished this project on Saturday afternoon.  The finishing instructions that had originally made this Facebook store post intriguing to me and had driven this purchase are not what I had hoped for... so, I will consult my books to jog my memory and make it a bit of a learning experience on some other points at the end of the month.







And, so, on this beautiful Sunday morning I started another one of the simple sampler project kits that was a ‘special shop exclusive’ last year ... until I have Ann Dale sorted out so it can be just a late night / when I am tired sort of project, I think I will just get some of these ‘new to me, simple projects’  out of the way...

ENJOY the weekend - hope you have time for needle and thread ! 





2 comments:

Debby said...

I love the posie piece! A reminder of spring. The decorative stitches are fairly simple ones, but make a great look on that little sampler.

Nupur said...

Thanks Debby - got bored with the simple stitches and found some of the stitches chosen by the designer to be ineffective so finally changed the colors and stitches to add a bit of interest. Glad you liked it ... still not so sure about the design elements etc but it is a minor project.