Labels

Sunday, May 19, 2019

Quick update : Agnes Begbe sampler & a new start

The month of May ushered in lots of celebrations.... my parents 60th wedding anniversary, graduations from high school and universities in the immediate family and finally, signs of Spring!

Life on my end has been busy - the organizational review of all systems continues on the side - a lot of work but also a good feeling to slowly be getting back to ‘old routines’.

It seems like the posts where I express my opinions in needlework do generate a lot of interest - there are many ways and lots of things I know have worked better for me than others - I usually don’t share too much of that because I realize that most things are personal preference.  Please let me know if you would want me to share some of the tools and ways I have found to work for me ...

So, I know some of you are curious to see the recently completed samplers ... I will post  my working photographs today - I was waiting for good light to take better pictures.
Yesterday would have been a good day for this but I was too busy taking a day off and watching the Italian Open tennis championships  🎾 and then the Preakness horse races 🏇 🐎 after that!
So here are some photographs of Agnes Begbe : 

May 8,2019
Agnes Begbe  - The Examplarery
www.thesongofmyneedle.blogspot.com
35ct. Linen & DMC threads in the kit 


And then, like it often is after I have finished a project, I feel extremely odd just sitting there and watching TV... I just didn’t feel like getting into something ‘complicated ‘ at the moment since the days are pretty filled with ‘organizational’ decisions and leave me quite tired at the end of the day. 
The other day when I was ‘helping’ a friend choose her next project I had made the big mistake of opening my file cabinets filled with fun and easy samplers suitable for travel etc.  I had taken out three samplers to show her ... Agnes Begbe was one of them ... and the next one was another sampler kit by Joanne Harvey.  Another kit I had bought a very long time ago ... I always like to begin a needlework project  on a ‘special’ day ( birthdays in the family, anniversaries etc ).  I had been resisting the urge to start a rather complicated Japanese Embroidery project on my parents’ 60th anniversary and sitting around after coming home from the luncheon celebration with them was just too ‘weird’ ... I knew we would be busy with a longer /larger celebration on Saturday  so, on Friday evening, I started this simple sampler instead :

 


It was fun setting it all up on Friday night and then having something fun and easy to work on while watching 🎾 tennis or horse racing 🏇 these past few evenings or watching some interesting videos on YouTube on music, musicians, history/ crafts etc etc ...  it turned out to be a perfect project since I was feeling a bit under the weather too...
So, here are some progress photos on this new project - A Norwich Sampler by The Examplarery... using all the kit materials - 27 ct. linen & 2 strands of DMC threads provided in the kit.





www.thesongofmyneedle.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Debby said...

You've already gotten quite a lot done on the Norwich sampler. It looks like a lovely piece, rich colors!

Nupur said...

Thanks Debby ... all the main bands are set to go -the background area also has to be filled in much like in needlepoint... so easy stuff to work on while watching the French Open soon... thanks for taking the time to comment here and not on Facebook

kiwimeskreations said...

What exquisite work Nupur - Both pieces are lovely, and I love the pinks against the browns in the piece you are currently working
Blessings
Maxine

Mary said...

Nupur Agnes is just gorgeous! I have the Norwich Sampler in my stash and have wanted to start it for awhile but need to finish a few WIPs before starting anything else new. I look forward to seeing your progress. I just hope the temptation won’t be too much and I start another sampler! 😉