Labels

Sunday, April 7, 2019

Frances Burwell & Agnes Begbe - a finish & a start

This Sunday finds me working on samplers again after a busy week and weekend.
 It feels good to get back to taking time to assess  all aspects of life , edit and organize every thing in greater detail once again.... working on all systems in the office and at home one area at a time;

Anyway, I had mentioned that I had finished Frances Burwell ... it is a fun and easy sampler to work on and quite an attractive one... it really surprised me.
Frances Burwell by The Examplarery
 Colonial  Williamsburg collection
35 ct linen and DMC threads


I started a Scottish sampler, Agnes Begbe, by the Examplarery quite on a lark last weekend. It is another fun stitch and I have worked on it off and on in the evenings this past week ...
I had organized the threads etc many years ago but never started it - guess Scotland is on our minds these days.  We plan to see Dougie MacLean in concert  again early this week... so perhaps that is what influenced my choice ?!
Here is my progress to date :

Agnes Begbe Kit  - The Examplarey ... one week’s progress ...
35 ct linen and DMC threads as provided in the kit 



Wishing that you enjoy each moment with your needlework!  This sampler will be a good project to work on in the evenings in this busy upcoming week! Nice to just sit quietly in the evenings and hear the soft rhythmical chirping of crickets and frogs beginning to wake up from their winter slumber ....

3 comments:

Kristy in MD said...

Nupur, Great start! I'm wondering how fast you stitch, because that's quite good progress for a week's work! Are you stitching with two strands of DMC? I can see that you stitched a bit of gridwork to guide your stitching/counting. If you have tips and techniques you'd like to share, I'd love to hear about them as I stitch this sampler alongside you. Best wishes and happy stitching :)

deb said...

Frances came out beautifully (as does all your work), and Agnes looks like she's another lovely sampler - looking forward to watching her grow.

kiwimeskreations said...

How beautiful are these samplers Nupur - your work is inspiring
Blessings
Maxine